Monday, January 3, 2011

This is it...

This is the reason I adore being a mother. I know that I post about all of the crazy things my girls do - and trust me - they always keep me hopping - but this...
these are the moments that I hold dear. It's priceless moments like this that I wish I could bottle and save to keep forever. Do I know that one day they'll grow up? Of course. Do I wish they could always be my little girls? Absolutely. But I know deep down that one day they will be young women. I can only hope that I raise them up to be the kind of women that people look up to. Each day I look at Anna and I can see her changing. Her face is getting longer and she's really growing into herself. Sophie grows by leaps and bounds and with her starting kindergarten in the fall - I just can't believe how fast these years have flown by. I'm sure my parents feel the same way. Yikes! To think I'm just like my parents. Boy am I getting old. So while I still can - I hug them like crazy and kiss their boo boos and sing them their nighttime songs - even when I don't always want to. So I will enjoy their innocence and I will embrace the craziness that is our life! There is NOTHING better. And I will remind Anna that when she is grown she has stated that she will never leave us - she is building a pink house in the front yard - but don't worry daddy - you can keep your favorite tree - we'll build around it! Sounds like a plan!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

So sweet!! Grace says the same thing about living near us. :)