Well...
Once again pregnancy brain has impacted my life and caused great confusion and distress. With all the hormones raging through my body it's know wonder I can even function on a semi-normal level. Everyday it seems to get progressively worse and I can only imagine what pregnancy brain things I will do in the future. I can only pray that when the pregnancy ends, I will return to normal - or as normal as I was in the first place.
This was my night and I will admit to everything that transpired!
My daughters and I were running a bit late to their swim class last night. I got them in the car and off we went. Halfway down the road my fuel light kicked on. I thought to myself, "We'll just get gas after swim class and be done with it." As we drove farther the line for the fuel got increasingly closer to red. I must admit that my heart began pounding a bit as I feared I would be toting my 5 and 3 year old daughters out in the cold when my van ran out of gas. So as we neared Washington I told the girls that we would stop real quick and get gas at the Mobil station there. Still not a problem. So we arrived safely (thank the Lord) and I pressed the payment key. Smooth sailing now I thought to myself. I really should know better by now! I filled up and then proceeded to drive the van up to the front door. Seeing as I don't have a debit card I had to get the girls out of the van to go inside the store to pay with a check. Which is still more than acceptable in these parts of the great United States. So we walk into the store after fumbling with car seats and van doors, etc, only to be told by the very nice man behind the counter (yeah, right) that they do NOT accept checks anymore. I probably had that elusive deer in the headlights look - I'm sure I did - as I politely explained that it was all I had. He kept looking at me and asked if I had any other credit cards. After I said no I asked him just what exactly he expected me to do. By this time the girls were losing patience and I was loosing my sanity feeling more embarrassed in that time than I had in a long time. He then made me fill out paperwork which included everything down to the color of my underwear. Well not really that, but most of my life's information. I then had to promise to return to the scene of the crime within the hour or I'm sure my name would have been heard on most of the local police scanners! I informed him that we were late for swim class and I was NOT letting the girls miss it. He gave me the most exasperated look and said, "fine. I'll be here till ten." After hustling the girls into the van and crying hysterically to my mother about where I could cash a check for over $20.00 at 8:00 at night, I finally got the girls to swim. I took a breather long enough to call my father-in-law Danny, who happened to be at Kenny and Michelle's house last night and luckily, Michelle happened to be in Washington. Talk about a "bail-out" plan!
So - Michelle bailed me out and boy did I feel like a hormonal fool. I have to say though - Thank GOD for Michelle or I might have gone off the deep-end. Most of you know I'm sure how when you get upset common sense tends to disappear and you work with only raw feeling. That was me - a bundle of rawness!! After swim I decided we would go ahead and drop a check off at Michelle's house so I wouldn't feel quite so indebted anymore and I could get on with my night - which included finding my warm fluffy pillow and if I still had it - my blankie! I dropped the check off feeling very proud of myself. Situation taken care of. Score one for Megan! When I made it home I received a phone call from Michelle. She told me thanks for the check but...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
It was made out to MOBIL!!!!!!!!!
In the background I could hear Kenny say, "You do know that Mobil doesn't take checks?"
Hardy Har Har!!
All I can say is that blessings do come everyday - it's just all in the way you look at them. As a side to this - on my way home my friend Traci called and asked if I could write a check for her and she would repay me. After my night I decided it would be BAD JUJU to say no. My lessons have been learned!!!
3 comments:
LOL! This is great! ...uh...I mean, I'm SO sorry... :P
that is one of the funniest stories I have heard in a long time!!! :)
Mind if I post it on my blog! ;)
This too shall pass....Lord willing!
Oh I do feel for you, I feel for me too...I laughed so hard I wet my pants ( can I blame having kids for that? )
For a minute there though I thought you were going to say when you got home you found you had the cash in your purse after all, now that would have been a kick in the pants.
Yes this too shall pass!
Post a Comment