Monday, February 7, 2011

Exonerated!

Exonerated!! So sometimes I have the habit of jumping to conclusions. Ok - I jump to conclusions a lot. But this time I was just sure of the circumstances. This time I KNEW that my little booger of a baby had done it. What is the IT I am refering to? The IT is throwing my cell phone in the trash. You see, Julia is a great BIG helper. Sometimes she is too big of a helper. She loves to clean up. Everything she thinks is trash goes in the trash can. Thus this is the reason I believed that my little cleaning angel threw my phone into the trash. We had gone over to my mom and dad's before heading home for the night. We visited for just a bit and then I loaded everyone up. By the time bedtime came I realized that I hadn't heard my phone at all. Not that I get and enormous amount of phone calls, but it was strange that it hadn't rang at all. So I called my cell number from my home phone and nothing. I had Donald call it while I checked the van and nothing. It had just vanished. I called my mom the next day and asked if she had seen it - nope. She did admit to hearing a beep coming from the kitchen. You know - the sound your phone makes when it's about to die. So she had my dad go through all the trash bags as that is where it sounded like it was coming from. No luck. Man oh man was I mad. I just couldn't find it anywhere. It had to be Julia. My cell phone loving baby HAD to have thrown it in the trash. That's all there was to it. So we gave up the search and I got a new cell phone as my Christmas present. End of story. Or is it? Fast forward four months. My dad pulls out an old jacket of Donald's. He says that mom thought it was his and hung it back in the furnace room where it has been hanging for months. Donald puts on the coat and reaches his hand into the pocket. Lo and behold - my cell phone. My little booger wasn't the theif afterall. She was wrongly accused and watched like a hawk for months for no reason! Poor Julia. Bad mommy! At least the charges have been cleared and she can go on cleaning to her hearts content!

No comments: