This is our dog. This is our first born "child". This is our best friend. This is Cisco. When we first got Cisco I have to admit that I wasn't very thrilled with him. Oh - I had thought he was SO cute when I saw his picture in the paper for the Humane Society, but once we got him home he drove me crazy. Every time I walked across the room he would grab my leg and how should I say this delicately - go to town. I wanted to ship him back right away. But we didn't and I am very thankful for that. He was one of the best dogs that I have ever had. He was a good snuggler and he loved getting attention. Never mind the fact that he would break every dish we owned if we left them on the table after a meal. Boy could that dog sneak the food! He was a hound for sure! He loved to chase rabbits, dig holes, look for moles, bark at us in the swimming pool and sleep in our bed. He was a good boy. We have had Cisco since right after Donald and I were married. When went trough all of our troubles with having children, Cisco became that kid. He was in our Christmas cards and we even always dressed him for Halloween. Of course, after we had kids he was pushed quietly to the back burner. No more cards and no more costumes. But he was still a tremendous part of our family. He was a fighter. When he was run over by a car and had extensive damage - he survived - pins and all. He would also follow us between our house and my mom and dad's. Who's going to chase our car now? Who are we going to race with? Yesterday when we went for a walk, Cisco followed us. Donald told him to go home, but I guess he didn't listen. While we were walking we heard a gunshot. We didn't know that it had hit Cisco until later that night. Looking at him last night - we really thought he would make it. The girls prayed really hard and I know that their little hearts were breaking inside. The prayers did not help us it seems. I guess it was just his "time" - even though that sounds so cliche. He passed away this morning and as much as my heart is breaking and as much as I'm sitting here crying as I type - I knew I needed to write about my sweet dog, Cisco. I loved you very much and you will be very missed.Forgive my sloppy speech and writing today - my thoughts aren't very coherent.
No comments:
Post a Comment